We recommend that you start filling in the Dashboard with the Project Goal. The Goal is the big picture thing that you are trying to accomplish with your project. For example, you may be hoping to improve graduation rates for STEM majors, or create a new interdisciplinary major. It is important to start with a Goal because it helps you focus on the problem you want to solve and establish consensus about what your team wants to do with the project.
Tip: Project Goals
Your project goal is what you want to accomplish. Project goals are outcomes – what will happen as a result of your project?
- Increase the number and quality of STEM graduates
- Increase skills acquisition in biotechnology that is useful in the workforce
- Increase undergraduate participation in research and course- based research initiatives
- Improve faculty understanding of and response to issues of diversity, equity & inclusion
- Raise the quality of teaching as defined by student success