Creating a Unified Community of Support: Increasing Success for Underrepresented Students in STEM
Wednesday, March 28th
9:30 am PT | 10:30 am MT | 11:30 am CT | 12:30 pm ET
Presenter: Elizabeth Holcombe, Research Assistant at Pullias Center for Higher Education, University of Southern California
Registration is closed.
Resources, including presentation slides and the Screencast recording after the webinar
- Knowledge necessary to support underrepresented students in STEM
- Value of the project for students and broader campus communities
- Facilitators and challenges to collaboration and implementation
This webinar is designed for faculty, institutional-level change leaders (program managers, deans, provosts, vice presidents for student affairs, and presidents), and national change leaders who are interested in learning about and creating integrated environments of support for underrepresented students in STEM.
During the webinar, participants will:
- Review key research findings from the CSU STEM Collaboratives project
- Develop an understanding of several ways to integrate curricular and co-curricular supports for underrepresented students in STEM
- Recognize key challenges and facilitators to collaborating across departments and divisions in order to implement integrated support programs
- Discuss ways to collaborate and integrate student supports on their own campuses
Registration is closed.
Time - 9:30 am PT | 10:30 am MT | 11:30 am CT | 12:30 pm ET
Duration - 60 minutes
Format - Online web presentation via Zoom web meeting software with questions and discussion. Go to the webinar technology page for more information on using Zoom. Detailed instructions for joining the webinar will be emailed to registered participants one day prior to the webinar.
Preparation - There is no advance preparation required for this webinar.
Please email Mitchell Awalt (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any technical questions about this event.
University of Southern California
CSU STEM Collaboratives Webinar (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 6.2MB Mar28 18)
1) Welcome and introductory marks - Mitchell Awalt, SERC
2) Webinar Presentation - Elizabeth Holcombe, University of Southern California
4) Webinar Evaluation
: right; margin-left: 15px; line-height: 1.1em;'>Click to view the webinar screencast. (MP4 Video 589MB Mar28 18)
- From the ASCN Blog: