Launching and Leading Change in STEM Education
Friday, October 27th
9:30 am PT | 10:30 am MT | 11:30 am CT | 12:30 pm ET
Presenter: Dr. Judith Ramaley (President Emerita and Distinguished Professor of Public Service at Portland State University)
Registration deadline: Monday, October 23, 2017.
Resources, including presentation slides and the Screencast recording after the webinar
This webinar is designed to help faculty members and midlevel administrators who are seeking to promote interest in STEM fields and to support successful completion of a STEM degree within the complex and diverse environments of college and university campuses today.
At the end of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Recognize phases of typical institutional change cycle
- Understand the local campus change process
- Identify strategies for launching and sustaining institutional change
Time - 9:30 am PT | 10:30 am MT | 11:30 am CT | 12:30 pm ET
Duration - 1 hour
Format - Online web presentation via Adobe Connect web conference software with questions and discussion.
Go to the webinar technology page for information on using Adobe Connect.
Detailed instructions for joining the webinar will be emailed to registered participants one day prior to the webinar.
Registration deadline - Monday, October 23, 2017. Register using this form.
Preparation - There is no advance preparation required for this webinar.
Please email Mitchell Awalt (email@example.com) if you have any questions about this event.
Portland State University
1) Welcome and introductory remarks - Inese Berzina-Pitcher, ASCN
2) Presentation by Dr. Judith Ramaley
4) Webinar Evaluation
- Baer, L. L., Duin, A. H. & Ramaley, J. A. (2008). Smart Change, Planning for Higher Education, 36(2): 5-16.
- Beach, A. L., Henderson C. & Finkelstein N. (2012). Facilitating Change in Undergraduate STEM Education. Change Magazine 44(6): 52-59.
- Elrod, S. & Kezar A. (2017) Increasing Student Success in STEM: Summary of A Guide to Systemic Institutional Change. Change Magazine. In Press.
- Kezar, A., Gehrke, S. & Elrod, S. (2015). Implicit theories of change as a barrier to change on college campuses: an examination of STEM reform. The Review of Higher Education, 38(4), 479-506.
- Ramaley, J. A. (2002). Moving mountains: Institutional culture and transformational change. In R. M. Diamond (ed), Field Guide to Academic Leadership. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Ramaley, J.A. (2015). Educating for a Changing World: The Importance of an Equity Mindset. Metropolitan Universities. Volume 25(3): 5-15
- Ramaley, J.A. (2016). Navigating the Rapids: On the Frontiers of the Knowledge Revolution, Liberal Education, Vol 101(4): 36-43.
- Ramaley, J.A. (2014). Worksheet: Initiating a Change Effort: An Exercise (Acrobat (PDF) 86kB Sep27 17)