Before the Transforming Institutions Conference
As you prepare for the conference, take a moment to look over this information:
- Register for the conference
- Travel and Accommodations
- Submit a poster presentation (rolling deadline)
- View or search the conference program
- See who else is attending
Arriving at the Transforming Institutions Conference
- Information about ground transportation to and from the airport can be found on the Pittsburgh Airport Parking and Transportation website.
Visit the Fact Sheet for the Sheraton Pittsburgh Hotel at Station Square for information about the hotel, the local area, and amenities.
- Registration check in/name badge pickup information coming soon (you must check in before attending any events, please leave time to check in and walk to your first event)
- Wednesday, April 3, 12:00pm - 4:30pm
During the Transforming Institutions Conference
Most events will take place at the Sheraton Pittsburgh Hotel at Station Square. According to Visit Pittsburgh, Station Square is a "1.2 mile complex of entertainment, dining, attractions and shopping." Visit the Station Square website.
Connecting to Wi-Fi
More information coming soon.
On Thursday night (4/4), dinners will be organized for interested conference attendees. More information coming soon.
Connect via Social Media
Looking for lunch/dinner companions? Trying to share rides to and from the airport? Want to follow up with folks following discussions started in your workshop or poster session? Use our message board to continue the conversations and networking.
If you know of something that you think other participants should know about, just send a tweet to @ascnhighered and include the hashtag #ASCNHigherEdTI2019. We'll be gathering all those tweets together on a page so that we can all benefit in near-real time.
We will also be sharing images and posts of interesting things happening via the ASCN Facebook page. Go "Like" us so you'll get these updates as well!
After the Transforming Institutions Conference
Staying in the area after the conference? Pittsburgh and the surrounding area provide opportunities for fun and relaxation. Check out these sites for event calendars, restaurant recommendations, maps, tours, etc.
- Visit Pittsburgh Guide
- The Frick
- Carnegie Museum of Art
- Carnegie Museum of Natural History
- Carnegie Science Center
- Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium
- Children's Museum of Pittsburgh
- Duquesne Incline
- Walk the Burgh Tours
- Bike PGH! Tours
- Burgh Bits & Bites Food Tour
- Haunted Pittsburgh Tour
- Just Ducky Tours
- Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy
- Hiking, biking, and walking trails
- Inexpensive and Free Things to Do