Travel and Accommodations
Travel by Air
Pittsburgh International Airport is located about 25 minutes from the conference venue.
Travel by Train or Bus
Two Amtrak routes run through Pittsburg: the Capitol Limited Train and the Pennsylvanian Train. The Pittsburgh Amtrak station is located at 1100 Liberty Avenue. Visit Pittsburgh has information on public transportation within the city.
Travel by Car
Visit Pittsburgh's Driving Directions provides route information.
The Sheraton Pittsburgh Hotel at Station Square
The conference will take place at the Sheraton at Station square.
Room block rates:
- Single/Double - $159
- Triple - $174
- Quad - $189
The cut off date for reserving a room in the room block is March 12, 2019. We encourage you to book early to ensure you reserve a room at the block rate.
There are three dining options in the hotel:
- Get energized for a busy day of exploring Pittsburgh in our inviting restaurant. Take in postcard-quality views of downtown while you enjoy a delicious breakfast, join colleagues for lunch on a meeting break, or relax over dinner with the family.
- Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner - Dress code: Casual - Phone: +1 412-803-3824
The Center Bar, Other
- Grab a quick bite to eat in our stunning atrium lobby before heading off for a night of fun. The casual setting is ideal for after-work cocktails, or a light snack to keep you going as you get ready for another fun outing in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Open for lunch and dinner - Dress code: Casual
Sheraton Cafe, American
- Stop by our Café for freshly brewed Starbucks® coffee and made-to-order espresso drinks, perfect for jump-starting your day. Pack a picnic from our selection of grab-andgo food, or pick up a snack to satisfy a late-night craving.
- Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner - Dress code: Casual
Getting Around Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, also known as the City of Bridges and the Steel City, is the 63rd largest city in the U.S. There are many interesting things to do in the city, from walking tours to museums to boat rides. Visit Pittsburgh offers a wealth of information about the city, including self-guided walking tours and lists of events. For more information and recommendations, visit our Participant Information page.
Special Accommodation Requests
The Transforming Institutions Conference is committed to providing universal access to our programming and supporting special accommodation requests to the best of our ability. Please check the box on the registration form if you would like a member of the Conference Committee to follow up with you to assist with accommodations that support your needs (e.g. accessible parking space, alternative formats, lactation room). Please note that we will do our best to accommodate your needs, but cannot guarantee we will be able to. Regardless, advanced notice is necessary.
Visit our Participant Information page for more information.
If you have further questions, please contact Kate White (kate.white at wmich.edu).