Each presentation submitted for the 2021 Transforming Institutions Conference has its own web page. Abstract web pages are pre-populated with information from the abstract submission form. Author names, institutions, pictures, and linked biographies can be updated by logging into your SERC account. If you don't have an existing account, please create one by June 1st using the e-mail address you provided on the abstract submission form; if you have an existing account under a different email address, please contact Bradlee Cotton (email@example.com). Once on your account page, you'll see links along the left side of the page to "Edit your Bio," "Change your Photo," and "Edit Personal Info." Any changes you make to these sections will propagate to your abstract page.
Presentation sessions will be held throughout the conference. Each session (e.g., I, II, III, etc.) is a 25 minute block and consists of four concurrent presentations. Each presenter is allotted 20 minutes for their presentation followed by 5 minutes for questions, though you may choose to use this 25 minute block of time differently.
- We want this conference to be as accessible as possible. We encourage all presenters to upload their presentations and materials in order to accommodate the schedule and learning needs of all conference attendees. We also encourage you to use colorblind-friendly palettes and tailor your presentation to accommodate those with various visual disabilities.
- Please consider uploading your materials to your session page at least by the date of your presentation. Only conference attendees will have access to these pages.
- Upload Presentation: Presenters can upload their presentation files and materials using this form. It will be posted on the presentation/abstract page.
Posters will be presented during poster sessions on Day 1 and Day 2. Presenters will be in a Zoom room and each will give a "lightning talk" about their poster. As the number of posters per room varies, the amount of time for each presenter varies by room. See below for times:
- Poster Session A
- A-1: 3 minutes/poster
- A-2: 3 minutes/poster
- Poster Session B
- B-1: 4 minutes/poster
- B-2: 2 minutes/poster
- Poster Session C
- C-1: 3 minutes/poster
- C-2: 2 minutes/poster
- Poster Session D
- D-1: 3 minutes/poster
- D-2: 2 minutes/poster
These may be recorded in advance and will be posted on the poster webpage. Conference attendees can ask questions after the lightning talks via chat or out loud with any remaining time in the session. There will be additional time on Day 3 to revisit posters and convene with presenters. See program for more details.
Each poster will be posted to a webpage that will be accessible to conference attendees. Each poster should be uploaded to their page by June 7th. This will give the moderators time to download them and have them ready prior to each session. Presenters can also add video recordings and other resources to their poster pages.
We encourage you to reconsider the traditional poster format given the use of the Zoom platform. It is an online conference and attendees may be watching from small screens, and thus you should consider a simplified poster that is more easily reviewed and discussed in the electronic format. Simplified posters are inspired by the "#BetterPoster" movement to include less text and encourage more conversation during poster sessions.
We want this conference to be as accessible as possible. We encourage all presenters to upload their posters and materials in order to accommodate the schedule and learning needs of all conference attendees. We also encourage you to use colorblind-friendly palettes and tailor your presentation to accommodate those with various visual disabilities. During the lightning talks, a moderator will share their screen and present each the posters. We expect most posters will be submitted as a single slide. If you plan on using a format other than a single PowerPoint slide or a PDF, please contact Bradlee Cotton (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Rachel Renbarger (email@example.com) to make sure your format will be compatible with our presentation structure.
- File Format: Save your poster as a PDF or PowerPoint (.ppt) file
- Record your lightning talk: If you want to pre-record your lightning talk, information can be found on the SERC website to create and upload captioned videos.
- Upload Presentation: You can upload your presentation files using this form. Be sure to include video files, if applicable. All submitted files will be posted on your presentation/abstract page.
- Testing Zoom: If you have not used Zoom before, please test your internet connection using this link prior to the week of the TI Conference: https://zoom.us/test