Call for Proposals
The deadline for presentation proposals has passed. The deadline for poster presentations is May 15, 2023.
This conference will bring together researchers, faculty, center directors and staff, change agents, administrators, and policymakers to focus on transforming undergraduate education. We will address critical questions related to institutional change in higher education and foster connections between researchers and change agents across fields. There will be opportunities for cross-disciplinary discussion and collaboration as we work together to bring about institutional change and to define the future of this work.
We invite submissions of both early and mature projects that focus on all aspects of institutional change, including change outcomes, change processes, and contexts of change. We encourage submissions from groups as well as individuals (see session formats section for more information about proposal types).
We invite submissions related to topics such as:
- Connecting Change Theory and Practice
- Evaluating and/or Measuring Change
- Change Leadership
- Promoting Access, Equity, and Inclusion
- Aligning Faculty Incentives with Systemic Change
- Learning Spaces
- Managing a Change Project
- Building Partnerships for Change
- Engaging Faculty in the Change Process
- The Role of Accreditation
- General change topics
- Working Group 1 - Guiding Theories of Change
- Working Group 2/4 - Costs and Benefits of Change & Demonstrating the Impact of Change
- Working Group 3 - Change Leaders
- Working Group 5 - Equity and Inclusion
- Working Group 6 - Aligning Faculty Work with Systemic Change
We also encourage presentations from the NSEC community, including STEM Education Centers and Centers for Teaching and Learning with a STEM focus.
- Presentation proposals must be submitted by March 8, 2023, at 11:59 pm EST
- Poster proposals must be submitted by May 15, 2023, at 11:59 pm EST
- Presenting authors must register for and attend the conference
- Additional authors can be listed and are not required to attend the conference
- Abstracts for all session proposals are limited to 300 words (or less)
For more information about each session format, see below. The review criteria below should also be helpful as you develop your proposal.
The conference intentions, processes, and themes referenced in the proposal questions below can be found here:
The deadline for poster proposals is May 15, 2023.
15-minute Oral Presentation
The deadline for presentation proposals is March 8, 2023.
The deadline for symposium proposals is March 8, 2023.
The deadline for workshop proposals is March 8, 2023.
This information is intended to help you and your team as you craft your proposal. All proposals will be evaluated by a team of reviewers using a Likert scale. They will consider:
- Is the proposed session appropriate for this conference in terms of theme and focus?
- Is the proposed session grounded in and informed by research and theory?
- Does the proposal provide a sufficient overview of the topic or question that will be explored?
- Is the proposal complete, with appropriately detailed responses to all questions?
- To what extent will the proposal provide an opportunity for cross-disciplinary interaction or discussion?
- What is the potential for the proposed session to have a broader impact by advancing our understanding of systemic change in higher education?
Accepted presentations and posters are expected to adhere to Transforming Institutions guidelines. More information coming soon!
If you have any questions about the proposal submission process, please contact Casey Wright (firstname.lastname@example.org).